d football and so the boys and I had some fun making turkey pictures. Then, I tried to teach them about the first Thanksgiving with the INDIANS and the PILGRIMS. Then, we talked about the things that they were thankful for. McKay was thankful for: Mom (aaawww), the boats (I guess from the story of the pilgrims) and the food. Kimball was thankful for: the park (no big surprise), brushing his teeth (random, but I guess it's a good one), and for playing outside. NOW THIS IS THE BEST PART: When Josh got home I asked Kimball to tell his dad what we had done. (Hoping he would tell about the indians and pilgrims) He didn't really say anything, so I asked him if he wanted to tell dad what he was thankful for. Proud as punch, he said, "The 'aliens and prophets'!" I thought I was going to die! It was so funny. I guess you never know exactly how kids will interpret things. So the answer to the trivia? According to Kimball, the aliens and the prophets shared the first Thanksgiving.
"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
Friday, November 23, 2007
Quick trivia: what do aliens, prophets and the first Thanksgiving have in common?
On Thanksiving morning, Josh playe
d football and so the boys and I had some fun making turkey pictures. Then, I tried to teach them about the first Thanksgiving with the INDIANS and the PILGRIMS. Then, we talked about the things that they were thankful for. McKay was thankful for: Mom (aaawww), the boats (I guess from the story of the pilgrims) and the food. Kimball was thankful for: the park (no big surprise), brushing his teeth (random, but I guess it's a good one), and for playing outside. NOW THIS IS THE BEST PART: When Josh got home I asked Kimball to tell his dad what we had done. (Hoping he would tell about the indians and pilgrims) He didn't really say anything, so I asked him if he wanted to tell dad what he was thankful for. Proud as punch, he said, "The 'aliens and prophets'!" I thought I was going to die! It was so funny. I guess you never know exactly how kids will interpret things. So the answer to the trivia? According to Kimball, the aliens and the prophets shared the first Thanksgiving.
d football and so the boys and I had some fun making turkey pictures. Then, I tried to teach them about the first Thanksgiving with the INDIANS and the PILGRIMS. Then, we talked about the things that they were thankful for. McKay was thankful for: Mom (aaawww), the boats (I guess from the story of the pilgrims) and the food. Kimball was thankful for: the park (no big surprise), brushing his teeth (random, but I guess it's a good one), and for playing outside. NOW THIS IS THE BEST PART: When Josh got home I asked Kimball to tell his dad what we had done. (Hoping he would tell about the indians and pilgrims) He didn't really say anything, so I asked him if he wanted to tell dad what he was thankful for. Proud as punch, he said, "The 'aliens and prophets'!" I thought I was going to die! It was so funny. I guess you never know exactly how kids will interpret things. So the answer to the trivia? According to Kimball, the aliens and the prophets shared the first Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was a cute story, you're such a good mom! Hey, will you email me your address for Christmas card purposes? Thanks a ton! Hope you had a good holiday!
Thepaulks@comcast.net
Hey girl I've been snooping through everyones blogs today and I found yours, super cute! It's fun to be in your home again. Your such a great mom.
Post a Comment