Poor Benson. I know that he looks fine in the picture, but this was about an hour after another dose of Motrin. Over the weekend, at Matt and Tamara's wedding, I thought he didn't act right and that he seemed like he was getting a fever. I was right. Over the next couple of days he got worse. This was the day after Christmas. He has ANOTHER ear infection. This is the third since the end of November. He will probably need tubes. I feel so bad for the little guy. He gets miserable at night when medicine wears off. I just hope that things will get better for him.
"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
Friday, December 28, 2007
Three in a row
Poor Benson. I know that he looks fine in the picture, but this was about an hour after another dose of Motrin. Over the weekend, at Matt and Tamara's wedding, I thought he didn't act right and that he seemed like he was getting a fever. I was right. Over the next couple of days he got worse. This was the day after Christmas. He has ANOTHER ear infection. This is the third since the end of November. He will probably need tubes. I feel so bad for the little guy. He gets miserable at night when medicine wears off. I just hope that things will get better for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Kristen, I don't know if you believe in Chiropractors or not, but they will help with ear infections. When I was a baby, I had a set of ear tubes, and someone talked my mom into taking me to the chiropractor because I needed a second set of tubes. I went 3 times and was cured. Hallie needed tubes, I took her 3 times, she was cured. I took Gavin and Kayler both as infants, before they had the chance to get an infection, and they have each only had one ear infection. It is worth a try. If you can save having surgery, might as well, if you have any ?'s call me!! GOod luck.
Hey Friend,
Ug... Sick kids are not fun. I hope that little Benson getts ta fillen better. (tremonton talk) I am thinking about you and your family. Hope your ok!
Crystal
Aaaarrrrgggg!!!! That is horrible! I am so sorry you have to even entertain the idea of tubes. Kairi had them, the ear infection thing is the worst. If you decide to do tubes, let me know. We had an excellent ENT from SLC do Kairi's at Primary Childrens. Good luck to you!
Hi Kristen! Just me... snooping around in your blog. I do love the new color scheme and banner, though - Good job. I am definitely with Kandice on this one... you should absolutely try taking your little boy to the chiropractor. Harli had around 8 or 9 ear infections during the first year of her life. Once our chiropractor found out she was having this problem, he had us bring her in for adjustments and within 2-3 visits they were completely gone. I had no idea they could even adjust your ears until then. He actually adjusted my ear so I knew what it felt like, and it hurts for a second, sort of like when you get your ear pierced and then the pain is gone. Anyway... it helps keep the ears drained until the tubes finish developing and can drain properly on their own. It was definitely a lifesaver for us. Anyway... now that I've practically written a novel I better go. So impressed with the new blog layout!
Steph
Kristen,
Hey I am so excited that you have a blog. I hope you don't mind that I looked at it. I am so sorry we didn't get together when I was in Vernal. Miss you tons.
Poor kiddo! Good luck with whatever ends up happening. Hope you guys had a good holiday! obviously, I didn't end up making it home... sorry! My family came out here instead!
Your blog is so cute I love it. If you don't mind I would like to add it onto my list so I can look at it frequently. This is our blog, msnielson.blogspot.com. There is link on there-blog designs that will help you get the look you want.
Sha
Post a Comment