I promise that I am not trying to post only about Benson, but good grief, he can't catch a break. I tickled his toes to get him to smile for me, and I don't know if you can tell, but his poor little eyes are all swollen. He is pale and has had a fever for the last several days. I took him to the doctor yesterday and they drew blood to see if we can figure out what is wrong. He is getting strong antibiotics through his PICC line and shouldn't be getting sick... again! The good news is that his ears look better. The bad news is... we have no idea why he has had such a high fever. Hopefully the blood tests will shed some light. As a paranoid mom, I keep thinking about worse-case-scenerio, but I have to keep telling myself that I am just that: paranoid.
"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Puffy, Pale, Paranoid
I promise that I am not trying to post only about Benson, but good grief, he can't catch a break. I tickled his toes to get him to smile for me, and I don't know if you can tell, but his poor little eyes are all swollen. He is pale and has had a fever for the last several days. I took him to the doctor yesterday and they drew blood to see if we can figure out what is wrong. He is getting strong antibiotics through his PICC line and shouldn't be getting sick... again! The good news is that his ears look better. The bad news is... we have no idea why he has had such a high fever. Hopefully the blood tests will shed some light. As a paranoid mom, I keep thinking about worse-case-scenerio, but I have to keep telling myself that I am just that: paranoid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh man, I am sorry you can't seem to catch a break!! I hope everything goes well with the tests, please let me know if you need help.. I will watch your boys for you anytime!
I mean it :)
I love the design of your blog. Your boys are so handsome and photogenic! My heart really does go out to Benson and you too. You're such a good Mom and I'm glad we're friends. Hooray for blogging. :)
Unbelievable. You are great at watching every little thing. Keep that tracking sheet handy. They'll put 2 and 2 together soon.
Prayers your way. (hopefully some rest)
I'm so sorry. I know the feeling. I just wish there was a magical way to know exactly what was wrong (without billions of tests) and a cure for everything. Guess thats not what the Lord had in mind. I hope you find out soon. Good Luck.
I am sorry Benson has been so sick. I hope they figure it all out. You are a great mom. Its crazy to me that you have 3 kids. I love it! I have some catching up to do :)
Man that stinks so bad. I'm so sorry for you and him both. Please keep us posted on what you find out. That is crazy that he is sick huh? Hang in there and take it a day at a time.
Hey Kristen! Thanks for your comment on my blog and I'm so sorry to hear about Benson. I'm sure it will pass soon. My job is going well - stressful as when I first started, but at least I have some things figured out now :) Your blog design really is adorable too, by the way!
JOGNA
I'm so glad kimblall remebers me!:)
Sorry I must have seemed so rude just rushing by you. I was looking for Randy so I could get back to the Primary class I was suppost to be subbing. They were roudy boys i didn't want to leave for too long.
I hope Benson gets feeling better
Even with puffy eyes is looks adorable! I keep waiting for a phone call and another visit. Love ya, Tiff
I'd totally help, just give me a call, and get me a baby sitter too.
Post a Comment