"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Friday, June 20, 2008

Crazy week update

So, do you ever feel like you are crazy busy, but at the end of the day you aren't sure what you did? Well... that is how this week has been for me. I am the slacker who still has not posted about our family camp-out last week, but it hasn't been without effort. I took so many pictures, I had a hard time downloading them. I posted a slide show (after this post) for anyone who wants to take a peek... it's long, by the way.
Josh left for Yellowstone at the beginning of the week, and we all have really missed him. We are SOOO happy he is home safe and having escaped any and all grizzly bear attacks.(But that is another story... next time, follow the park ranger advice!)
Are you ready for it? This week I've been: redesigning the blog (is it too busy, by the way?), downloading, redownloading, and redownloading pictures, taking pictures of the boys, roasting marshmellows, babysitting, working, making ice cream, going to the movie, going to McDonalds, sorting laundry, washing laundry, folding laundry (I mention all three because I think everyone knows how I fee about the annoying "L" chore), etc. etc. etc....

Today we went to lunch with Marcy and Makalynn and then out to my mom's to run through the sprinkler. The boys had a blast, Benson included.



Then, they went inside to watch Sword and the Stone. Benson laid there sucking on his "paci" while Kimball laid next to him, sucking on his finger and playing with Benson's hair. So funny.


Then, I caught McKay in my mom's room trying to find the "church socks" Oh boys, boys, boys.




About an hour after we got home tonight, Josh made it home. Kimball started crying because he was so happy to see him he said, "I just miss Dad." Then, as they were going back to bed, Kimball said, "Don't go to Yellowstone again, ok Dad?" I love that my boys have such a good relationship with their dad. It's so good to see him again.

3 comments:

Liberti said...

Kristin - I ran into your blog and hope you don't mind me checkin in - have have such a darling family!

Kandice said...

Your new layout is super cute!!
I hate it when G.J. leaves town too. It makes everything all better when he walks in the door. It looks like a super fun camping trip you had. I can't wait until we get to go again. Have you wore your new swimsuit yet??? have a great day!

Kristy said...

Hey Girl,
I finally figured out how to create an account so I can leave a comment.:) I love your blog! Your family is just so darn cute.
I totally agree with the laundry bit. That chore, (along with mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, and taking out the garbage:) is the worst. But I believe you forgot one final annoying step in the whole laundry process (that is quite possibly the worst part)...Putting all the stuff away.:)
Love ya. Kristy
PS Hey, can you send me your e-mail address. I cant find it.