"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Frogs, snails and puppy-dog tails

Beware! This may get a little personal, so consider yourself warned. I just have to say that I love my boys. They are so funny and curious and they can melt my heart in a blink. Anyone that has spent any time with me knows that they are also your typical boys. Busy, and into superheros and bugs and motorcycles and flying and dirt. Sometimes I know that they are just being boys, but it drives me crazy. They are pushing and shoving and tearing things apart to see how they work. They are "pretend" fighting, jumping out of my windows, running, screaming... need I go on? They are boys. If I tell them they are going to get hurt they usually come back with something like, "No, I am really strong. See my muscles?" They aren't worried about germs or getting dirty. I am the only girl in this house. I sit to use the bathroom. Somehow, I am the one to clean up when my boys "miss" the toilet. (Which is a frequent mistake. They must have terrible aim. GROSS!) Don't get me wrong, they are good boys. It's not like they run around like crazy savages with no sense of routine or manners. It's just that sometimes it feels overwhelming to be taking care of these three little boys with more energy in their little fingers than I have had in my entire life! Just today I had one son scratch my car with his transformer, one jump into my mom's pool without floaties on (luckily we were in the pool already), and one constantly hanging onto my leg while I tried to get my to-do's done. When I ask them for a reason why, their latest is, "It sounded wike an idea." Still, when I put them in bed tonight, they ask for a love and a kiss and tell me, "Wooks wike we had a good day mom, right? I wuvs you." After all my frustration and stress, they can forget it all and tell me that they love me and that we had a good day. I guess I have a lot to learn. Here's a few pictures of my boys being boys.

10 comments:

Kandice said...

aww kristen, I can relate in every aspect. Of course I only have 2 and you have 3, but I SO know what you mean. It is so nice to know that there are other busy little boys out there. Ohhh what trouble they would cause if we got all 5 of them together!

Hope said...

I think it's interesting how boys with a big BROTHER are so different than boys with a big SISTER! Wyatt grew up playing dolls with his big sister or board games, so he can be such a calm child (I say "calm" in that he isn't jumping through windows but he does have his excited moments). Then there is Carson who has a big BROTHER. I think if they grow up seeing a bigger version of themselves, the testosterone must kick in more. And the older Carson gets, thankfully the less GIRLY Wyatt gets! :)

Your boys are adorable. True, you might feel like you have your hands full, but you do a great job because they are wonderful kids!

Anonymous said...

you are a great mom! love ya!
Crysal

Kristin said...

I love those boys and you are such a great Mom. I'm honestly taking notes from you and I hope when my time comes I'll remember what I've learned from you! And did I mention how polite they are!?!?!

Kimball in the pool:
"Excuse me sir, I am going to do an AMAZING jump." And he proceeds to cannonball into the pool. :)

Chandra said...

Some days are better than others but they are all worth it. :-) Miss ya

Kristi said...

I love reading your stories. Some of them sound so much like my days... Except that I only have two boys, like Kandice. I agree with hope, about them having older brother's... I can't even believe the things that Ian is already picking up from Easton. I think you should write an advice column for mother's of boys!!

The Paulks said...

That was a cute post! I'm freaking out about having a boy, because I don't know what to do with one. Sounds like I need a few lessons from you! Loved the pics!

Briana said...

Your boys are seriously so cute! I am planning on coming home in the next two weeks. We should get together and go to lunch. Email me at brianam17@yahoo.com. Hope you are doing well.

Jessica said...

Kristen, you and your family are HEAVEN!
Congratulations on your beautiful life. It's so fun to get a glimpse of what you've been up to these last few years!
Love,
Jessica (Woodley)Wyeth
www.wyethfam.blogspot.com

Kandice said...

Kristen-I would love to add you to my private blog~! I just need your email, so send it to me at searle@usa.com or leave me a comment with it. Thanks!