"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Monday, September 22, 2008

When it gets in your head...

I don't have pictures to post or anything really exciting to say. This song has been going over and over in my head. I hate when that happens. That aside, how do you see all these people around you that do so much and know you could do more... but yet, you are trying and sometimes you feel like that's all you've got. Sometimes all you've got isn't good enough.

8 comments:

Hope said...

I know how you feel--I've felt that way, too, sometimes. The best part about our relationship with the Lord, however, is that he knows our innermost workings of our hearts. He knows when we are truly giving it our best shot. I think we are just too hard on ourselves sometimes. Remember that there will be times in our lives when our "best" might be less than someone else's "best". And that's okay. We just keep plugging along, doing what we can, AND BEING OKAY WITH DOING OUR BEST AND NO MORE, and eventually I think situations change in our lives or our spirits become capable of doing more. Until then, we have to stop making ourselves feel so guilty. I recently had a sacred experience that taught me that GUILT is definitely an emotion put upon us by Satan. We have to try to remember not to overspend ourselves. God knows us and knows if we are doing our best. I think if we are honest with Him and ourselves, and are truly doing what we can, He does not expect more from us. One of Satan's greatest tools, I think, is when he gets into our heads and we start comparing ourselves to others. I totally rambling--sorry. My thoughts aren't completely organized, but hopefully my point is getting through. Don't compare YOUR BEST with someone else's. There will be times when you can do more and times when you can do less. Either way, the Lord is aware of our needs and also aware of our EFFORTS and I believe that as long as we're truly trying, He is proud of us and expects nothing more.

But yeah, I completely understand your feelings. I've been there, too, and I'm sure I'll have moments in my life when I'm "there" again.

Candy said...

Dude, first of all you are one of the coolest and greatest people I know. You are so spiritual and so in tune and are always a shining example of how Christ wants us to act. You never waver in your integrity. You are a great mom who loves her boys and does the best she can for them. You take it one day at a time. One hour at a time if you have to. Know that people go through ups and downs and have good and bad in their lives. Hang on to the good, have faith, and pray like the dickens. Use the atonement, you taught me more about that, that has forever changed my life.
I think you are great, and you are good enough. Remember that Satan wants you to think that you aren't good enough. The Lord loves you...YOU...for who you are and is aware of you. Whatever it is that is troubling your little self, I hope it blasts far away from you.
Dude! Go slurp some jello!
Do you want me to stuff my self in your gymnastics leotard and we can go see if people want to work out with us? LOL!!!

Briana said...

Kristen, I know exactly how you feel. I am glad that you posted this and I was able to read others comments. I don't have an answer for you, other than I know what you are feeling at times. The sad thing is I think both you and I know the answer, it is just hard to incorporate into our lives sometimes. Somethings are easier said than done. But I think you just have to keep remembering that and continuing to try harder to know of your self worth. You are what you believe you are. I continually have to remind myself that Christ wants me to be happy and if I am......then it is enough.

-Did you ever get my invite?

LaFawnda said...

Kristen,
You are one of the MOST NON JUDGEMENTAL people I know, so judge yourself fairly. You know you would judge someone else, living your life, and CUT THEM SLACK. Judge yourself fairly, and realize, please you are loved, by many many people, who realize what a wonderful person you are, and I AM AMAZED at what you accomplish, keep focused on, and have become.
I love ya girlie. I am VERY proud of you and think you are awesome.
Aunt Fawn

Idontcare said...

I feel that way on a daily basis it seems like. You are so amazing, a wonderful cousin, sister, daughter, wife, and mother, and the best you can do is always good enough to the Lord. Let him know how you feel, it might be frustrating but He will always confirm to you that He knows what you're doing is the best you can do. I love ya cuz... I'm sorry you feel that way, but don't worry, we all do. :)

Love Cass

The Paulks said...

Sad. It's my first reaction to say: "Don't feel that way" but I do all the time too! It's hard for me not to compare myself to others, but doing the best you can is all you can do. I think you are awesome and I love you! I wish I got to see you more often...

Jessica said...

All those people that we see doing so much probably feel the same way we do!
You have such a beautiful family!
Jessica (Woodley)

melissa t. said...

Hey girlie,
I am about to have baby #2 and just look in awe at all the super moms around me-one of them being you!
I just have to comment on what Candy said....I remember when you two came over in your leotards asking us to work out with you and it just brightened up my day! That in a nutshell is what you do for me and I am sure many others-make us smile and laugh and so grateful that we have you in our life.