"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy 30th


Sunday was Josh's 30th birthday. I had planned on throwing a surprise party for him with black balloons and everything. Then I realized that it was maybe really bothering him, and so I decided not to rub it in. Instead we went for a much-needed weekend out. We went to Salt Lake and stayed at the Marriott, thanks to my dad. He let us use a free room certificate that he had. We had sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries, room-service breakfast-in-bed, and an awesome view of Salt Lake. We went shopping for Josh in Park City. He desperately needed jeans that were nice and not all stained and worn from work. We went and visited Joseph, Martha, Maggie and baby Sarah Jane. They were so sweet. They made a birthday cake for Josh. Thanks guys! They also let me hold the baby a lot! She is so sweet and she smelled so good! She was warm and cuddly. Saturday we went to the Salt Lake temple because Josh and I have never done a session there. They even asked us to be the witness couple. It was awesome. When we got home, I am not sure the kids were ready to see us, but we were ready to see them. Funny how it feels so good to get a little break, but how lonely you are without them, right?? Anyway, Happy Birthday to Josh. I love you and I am so grateful for all you do for me and our family.

5 comments:

Briana said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Sounds like you had a great little weekend away. I love those! You look gorgeous by the way!

Shafferprincess said...

Happy Birthday, Josh! Glad you guys were able to have a weekend away! Aren't the sessions in the SL Temple awesome! I love them!

Renee

Chandra said...

way to go! josh is lucky to have such a good wife
chandra

LaFawnda said...

Freaky,

You, Josh, Joleen, Kye, Nickole, Cassidy, and Chris were all in the Salt Lake temple Saturday. The family is working for the RIGHT. I'M SO glad you take time for each other. I had a hard time doing that, and it's really important.

Emili said...

I'm almost to my 30 too... Makes me feel old! :) Nice of you to take him away and not rub it in!