BUT, in the meantime, I have to post what happened at Smith's tonight. Beware to the germ-a-phobics. This is not for you, you'll be yakking up a lung before it's through. Benson has a pacifier... judge me if you will. Yes, he is 19 months old, and I still let him have it. It's just one battle I am not willing to fight right now. Anyway, we have lost more than one "paci" (as we call it) at the store. So, I pay particular note as to whether or not he has one when we go. Tonight- he didn't. We were going up and down the aisles and I noticed he had a paci. I thought about it for a minute and asked myself out loud where it came from. McKay quickly answered, "I saw it on the floor. Benson dropped it. Don't worry, I got it for him."
Yes, my son was sucking on another child's lost pacifier. I freaked out for a second and realized, the damage was already done. WHATEVER! I let him have it. Does that make me a bad mom?
11 comments:
Hehe, my kids were all like 2 before they got rid of the binky. When they could chew holes in it I made them get rid of it. A little healthy wal mart germs won't kill ya-only make him stronger!!! lol.
You are absolutely right...the damage had already been done so you might as well move on. Besides, just think of what a great mom you are for building up your childs immune system!!! ;-)
chandra
We are total "binti" lovers at our house too. Lauryn is 16 mo. old and she still has hers. I am sure the one you found on the floor was dropped by a mother who tried to keep it clean so other than the germs on the floor I am sure it was fine!!!
Seneca had her binki past 2, so definatly no judging here!! Hope all is well. Take care
Friend! Just read your blog... haven't been on for a while other then to drop a few thoughts on mine! You really are an amazing person! I remember mentioning this on Candy's blog a few months back but I really feel its worth while for us moms who sometimes wonder if ANYTHING we are doing is making any kind of differance. I have found (Abigale has really helped me understand this priciple) to recognize the little things. For just a moment- and for me friend - see how far you have come... with the measuring stick behind you... instead of infront (seeing how far we have to go). You are an amazing ANGEL in my life! I appriciate the sisterly promise we made so long ago! PRaying for you ALWAYS~
That is HILARIOUS!! Heck just let him have it, like you said the damage was already done! Aren't boys the best? You are the perfect boy mom!
LOL!! Court is staring at me.... with that, what are you reading look on his face..... I think we have all had one of those moments! What is worse, the binki sucked on by one child, or the handle on the cart sucked on by at least fifty, and pushed by a million... ?
Funny what we are willing to do to keep our kids happy, huh? I got over the germ thing after having Maddy... at some point you realize that kids pick up germs everywhere. Hey, we're building their immune systems, right?! :)
Maddy loves the play place at McDonalds, I can only imagine what kind of cooties are roaming around in those tubes!
THAT IS SO FUNNY. I TO HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM. DAKOTA WAS 4 BEFORE I TOOK THE BINKY AWAY. OF COURSE IT WAS A BINKY OR SHE WOULD SUCK A HOLE THROUGH HER LIP. BUT WHEN YOUR READY TO FIGHT THAT FIGHT, YOU WILL. I THINK YOU ARE A GREAT MOM THOUGH AND WE ALL HAVE MOMENTS LIKE THIS ONE THAT WE ALL GO THROUGH AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER!
That is pretty funny. I am sure I will be the same way when I have kids though.
I think it makes you quite normal. :)
Post a Comment