"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Never underestimate a two-year-old

This morning I gave the boys bowls of cereal for breakfast.  I left the room and went about my business picking up and making beds. Kimball started to call for me and sounded panicked. I went in the kitchen to find that Kimball had accidently spilled his cereal and was worried about it. I started to clean it up when I realized I didn't know where Benson's bowl was. It wasn't on his tray, it wasn't on the floor, it wasn't in the sink. I asked the other two where it was and they didn't know either. I walked to the sink again and tried to remember if I had taken it from him or where it could have gone. I was seriously dumbfounded for probably a good five minutes. Finally, I looked at Benson to ask him where it was, and noticed it was on his head. Milk was dripping down his face and shredded wheat was all over in his hair. The picture does not do it justice. I can't believe that I never looked at Benson while I was looking for his bowl. Silly boy. I went to take a picture of his "hat" and he reached up to take it off, I got it just in time. 

Then, at lunch time, you think that I would have thought twice about him making a mess. I didn't. I made him his sandwich and he wanted a drink. I tried to give him a sippy, but he wanted to be big like his brothers. So I gave him a little bit in an open cup. I went in the other room to sort laundry. When I came back, this is what I found...

Again, the picture doesn't do justice, but he had wet sandwich crumbs all over himself. He had peanut butter smeared from his nose to his chin and from his cheek to his ear. Gross. He had even dropped the crusts of the sandwich in his cup. 

I don't know why he is being so messy lately. He has been really good at staying mostly clean. He is using a spoon really well and even a fork. I don't know, maybe today was just a messy day. 


3 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

these made me laugh!! Bensy is so funny.

Whit said...

How funny! Benson is sure getting big! We should have a play day and let the boys get to know one another better. I miss you!

Briana said...

That is funny!! Your boys are so cute!!