"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
Friday, February 6, 2009
I just wanted to say...
I don't have a lot to post, I am still struggling with this annoying headache that is coming up to three full weeks. Headache aside, this time of year is hard for me. Cabin fever sets in for me and the kids and it makes life feel chaotic. However, I have to openly admit (yet once again) that I have been blessed with such good friends and family. I appreciate the concern that you have shown to me. Even though these last several weeks have been hard for me, I am so grateful for people who take the time to give advice and words of comfort. Sometimes I struggle having the faith I need to overcome these down times. That is where Heavenly Father has stepped in and blessed me with such a great family and dear, sweet friends. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am your twin Kristen. We need to talk more. I found a WONDERFUL headache Dr. seriously....an answer to my prayers. If you want her info let me know.
As for the winter blues/cabin fever...I have it bad this year. My whole family is on a cruise...I am stuck here-that is making it worse.
I am so sorry you are struggling too. You are a great person and mom surrounded by a great support system. You really can call anytime. Have a good day!
Have you ever read any of the books by Marjorie Pay Hinckley? I hadn't really ever read any of them until this last week, I always really admired her, but she has the greatest words of advice for us women. Especially when you are being so hard on yourself, or thinking you will never be able to do it all. Here are just a couple of my favorite quotes.
"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are."
"Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Go check one of them out, she will have you laughing, crying etc.
I hope spring can break through, and we can all feel life again.
Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog.
Kristen...I didn't even know you were having bad headaches! I'm so sorry! What is wrong? I hope they go away soon and that spring comes soon too. Sit by the window and feel any sunshine that peaks through. A few more weeks and spring will start to emerge. Put up pictures of flowers and sunshine! Love you and keep us updated on your headaches!
I am sorry to hear about your headaches. It makes it hard to feel good when you constantly have a headache. The sunshine will be here soon! You are awesome!
Post a Comment