"Find joy in your children. Don't overschedule them or yourself. You may not be able to take them on exotic vacations. It doesn't matter. When the day dawns bright and sunny, take an excursion to the canyon or the park. When it's cloudy and wet, read a book together or make something good to eat. Give them time to explore and learn about the feel of grass and the wiggliness of worms."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Today, Benson has been a two-year-old, times two! Are you ready? Take a deep breath, because this will exhaust you!
He has used a baby-wipes container as a bucket to empty the toilet water onto the floor; managed to throw a tantrum in the middle of Kindermusik; coated himself, a cell phone, the bathroom floor and anything else in his way in shaving cream (SORRY WHITNEY!!); ran away from me while the other two were being immunized (which was a joke in and of itself, I practically had to sit on Kimball to get him to hold still for the nurse); dumped out an entire box of chocolate Easter candy and then tried to feed it to the puppy; intentionally spilled his mother's lame excuse for dinner (Spaghetti-O's) out all over the table; and then while putting him to bed and trying to pretend like I was asleep myself, stuck his finger up my nose!!!
9 comments:
That's just one little boy!!! It's nice to know that James isn't the only one who can be charming but exhausting all by his little self!
I sure love ya! & Thanks for sharing the Marjarie Hinckley quote!
Oh the never ending nonsense of boys! Sounds like there is never a dull moment at your house!!! But they are so darn cute!
Sorry about that. Somedays kids are such little stinkers. Forgive me, but from here it sounds really cute and sneaky
he he he
chandra
Sounds just like Kael don't worry about the shaving cream! I love knowing that my boy isn't the only one like that!
Marjorie Pay Hinckley said the wisest things! I LOVED her book "Letters"...
I'd never heard that quote before--thanks for sharing.
I loved the quote you posted... thanks! It certainly sounds like you have your hands full, but oh so worth it, right??
Hey I dont have your email address... Would you email it to me? Mine is kristi_courtney@hotmail.com I finished editing them, I wanted to email you a few of them, and then put the rest on a disk for you. I will call you later if I don't hear from you :)
I feel and know your pain! My Lillian is the same way. Sometimes I'll tell a story weeks later and someone will say I didn't hear that one. It's because she does so many... many...many... messes that I have too many to tell!
Ha! Ha! Kristen, that is so funny! I can say that because at the same age, Cassidy used a WHOLE jar of vaseline to cover herself from head all the way down her 12 inches of hair to her toes. I only wish I had thought to take a photo. I would treasure that now. It took about 4 or 5 good slathering soapy baths to clean her up. Her skin was never so soft! You have darling boys, and I mean that!!!!!
Post a Comment