"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's a good look for me, right?

Teeheehee. I am not even really sure why I have this picture of myself and why it isn't at my mom's, but I just have to laugh because that is still what my hair looks like in the morning. And, that, is why I posted this picture for my throwback.
Ahh the lovely rats nest. What to do with it? I have never really like my hair long because it is so fine, and I think it looks flat and well, just scraggely. (Is that a word?) Anyway, I have had my hair all different lengths and when it was the shortest (a few years ago) it was my favorite because it was easy to do and better for my hair's lack of volume. But, Josh doesn't like it so short. I've had it bobbed, layered, a-lined, (yes, even permed) to try to give it some body.
It is long now because Josh wanted me to grow it out. I am not opposed to keeping it long if anyone has any suggestions for making it look better. It most definately needs a REALLY good trim, and I talked my friend into cutting it for me. (Even though she isn't working anymore).
Anyway, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share your suggestions. Plenty of you have seen my hair through all its phases, including the pittiful pull-back that is my most frequent style of late. Let me know what works best or what you think might work best for my particular head of hair. (Refer to top picture to remember how desperately I need suggestions! Hehe)

7 comments:

Candy said...

dude, here's your daily routine: Don't wash your hair. Handful of pomade. slather it in your hair. Grab a pillow. Rub it really hard all over. Voila! done. Take that rats next and roll with it man!

haha, just kidding. I think you should get it cut mid neck, A line, little bit of layers. Maybe some long bangs if you're feeling it. You look darling however you have your hair!

Kandice said...

I love the picture. I don't think you want my hair advice. I cut 13 inches off of mine....EEKS!
You will be cute whatever you do. You have nice thick hair and it is so pretty of a color. Good luck!

Grammy said...

What are yo doing with that picture???? I want it back!!!! I think you could perm your hair and still straighten it and it would feel fuller and be easier to take care of. However, perms are hard on your hair, but just a thought! SEe the picture of you and josh on your blog? Your hair looks nice long there! What about those curlers I gave you to use? Do you not like those any more either? YOur hair was something else to comb out too after that night of working on it in your crib! Love ya, MOM

Kristi said...

I think your hair is gorgeous! When you said it was fine and thin, I thought no way, you always make it look so nice! Ian has that same hair, and it is way hard to come out....
p.s. I just had to laugh, when I went down to publish my comment, the word verification was... aphro!! lol

Kristi said...

I should proof read.. I meant Ian's hair is hard to comb out.. lol

Unknown said...

I love this picture! He he he. It's so cute. Your hair always looks better than mine, so I don't have any suggestions. Right now, mine is almost always in a bun because Sarah Jane likes to eat and pull it.

The Paulks said...

Wow! I think you wrote that post just for me! We have identical hair issues. So, when you figure out what to do.. pass your advice along to me! I need something new.

Adorable picture by the way, I love it!

p.s. I miss you. I feel like we haven't seen each other forever. Just wanted you to know!