
So Kimball and McKay are only 19 months apart. They have been such good buddies and play together really well for the most part. They do fight and have their moments, but they both say that they are eachother's best friends. When we moved, we told them they could have their own rooms, but they wanted to have the same room with their bunkbeds because, they said, "We are brudders and we are friends." Today they were playing really well and having a ball being transformers and taking turns being Optimus Prime and Megatron. Eventually, Kimball wanted to come upstairs for a snack and McKay was really upset that he wouldn't stay in the basement and play with him. He got really dramatic about it and said, "Oh great! I guess Kimball likes to eat food more than to be my brudder." He was half crying/half whining about it for a few minutes when Kimball finally decided he could wait and eat later so that McKay wouldn't feel sad. Anyway, I thought it was sweet and it made me think of the many pictures I have of them together. This one melts my heart because Kimball is trying so hard to make McKay feel better and McKay is just screaming his head off! I can't really remember what happened after this, but I do remember Kimball loving on him and trying to soothe him by saying, "Ok, ok, ok."
6 comments:
Oh I love "brudders"!! Way cute picture.... We do need to get the boys together. Each one of your stories is like my own, makes me think of Easton and Ian!
that is SO sweet! Seriously, they will be friends forever. what sweet boys!
Kristen! Thanks for all your sweet comments on our blog! I sure wish James could meet your sweet amazing boys, again! How much older he is, and he'd just have a blast with them! I love the story you posted along with the picture of Kimball and McKay! I think it's great how close those boys are! What a strong bond they have, and how awesome they will be as they grow up in such a gospel-centered home! I know McKay is going to really miss Kimball when Kimball goes away to school, this year! :( Thankfully, he'll be not too far behind him, though! I sure love you, and think you are one outstanding mom!
Simply a divine connection it is to be a sibling..... What a wonderful story, and one that is echoed at our home..... I love your stories, they always remind me to be touched by my kids- Thanks...
Thanks for sharing the cute pictures and story. I was fun to run into you and your boys the other day!
Kimball is always giving his Brudders a hug! (when he isn't arguing with them that is!!) If you look at the slide show, you see another one of Kimball hugging Benson I think it is.
Post a Comment