I have tons of blurry and silly pictures, but this one was the best. His personality shines through his smile and you can tell he was proud as punch that he had pulled his tooth out by himself. (He wanted me to take a picture of him with his tooth under the pillow.) I think he is actually going to be totally toothless because his other top-front tooth is loose and his two bottom-front teeth are loose too!
We left for Jackson Hole early the morning-after and we talked about the tooth fairy and how he was so brave on-and-off for the whole weekend. He, being gregarious, told complete strangers that he had lost a tooth and the tooth fairy visited and gave him money because he was brave enough to pull it himself. Apparantly she is eco-friendly too. He says that she recycles the teeth and gives them to new babies. (Kinda gross, but funny, right?)
At one meal, he asked how the tooth fairy got in to the house. He said, "Santa comes down the chimney, but how does the tooth-fairy come in?"
I had never given much thought to it, and I don't think the thought ever crossed my mind as a child because, of course, she is a magic fairy. So, in my mind, I was trying to think about pixie dust, and her wings, and some magic tooth spell.
Before I could come up with something magical, Josh said, "I left the back door unlocked for her." Kimball said, "Oh, thanks Dad."
P.S. I finally added the picture for the throwback from a few weeks ago. Oops!
6 comments:
What a handsome boy! We miss you guys, Let's get together soon.
how cute! That is weird that he lost his top tooth before his bottom teeth. Isn't it? I thought they all lost their bottom teeth first. Jacey has lost both bottom teeth and now her top teeth are loose too! I hate it! It freaks me out and it is PURE drama trying to get it out!
Jacey had tons of questions about the tooth fairy too! It is pretty funny what they come up with.
That is such a cute picture!! Don't you love it when daddies come up with better and more logical answers than us moms...
I love how they look and talk when they have missing teeth! :)
One of my favorite stages! He's a doll!
Looking at that picture of Kimball takes me back 25 years to Josh, himself! Great throwback! Larry said that Kimball could also donate his teeth to the hicks around here who don't have any!! :)
We thought of you when we were visiting that lighthouse!!! I remember you had a bathroom decorated with them! When you and Josh come out to visit us, someday, we're going to take you to see the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and go up to the top of it, together!!!! And go swimming at the beach!!!!! :) Sure love you guys!
Post a Comment