"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Annoyed

So, I tried for the second time to post some pictures of a girls' weekend that we had to celebrate my Grandma's birthday, and for whatever reason, it won't let me post the pictures. GRRR... on top of that, I am WAY annoyed that last night before I settled down to watch me some "So You Think You Can Dance" I cleaned up the kitchen/dining/living area. Now, here I sit and I feel like I live in a pigsty! It's not even like it's dinner dishes. I already did those. It's dumb Halloween candy from the library parade and the half torn wrappers that didn't get all the way picked up. It's what feels like a gazillion papers from school that I feel like I should keep but don't know what to do with them. It's the backpacks, and the jackets and the miscellaneous things I need to get done for work. It's the dumb decorative pillows that I like but then again I hate because they always get strewn around the room. It's Josh's work stuff that he sets next to the door every night for the next morning. AAARRRGGG!!! I am SO annoyed. And what am I doing? Cleaning it up to feel better? Nope, I am just ranting about it on blogger because somehow I feel like the harder I pound on the keys, I am going to suddenly feel better and have the energy to get up and actually pick up the mess that comes as collateral damage with three little boys. I don't want to be a Nazi nagging mom, but I feel like if I am not, this is what happens!!! I can't just sit and try to get work done in the late afternoon and evening without paying the serious consequences to my house. I feel like I have to constantly be after them to pick up, put that away, eat in the kitchen, be kind to your brother etc. etc. etc. Ok. Now I feel pathetic. I am going to clean up.

7 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

This was me last night, Kristen! I can feel your pain, but unfortunately, I don't have any advice. I did the same thing - came and pounded away on my blog, and emailed a really good friend to bawl to her. And, I felt better.

My house today is clean (minus the bathroom that I didn't have time to do because of a dr.'s appt.) and the boys room because, well, they have to clean that. I won't do it. I do hope you feel better. And even if you're just ranting, I love to read your blog - we have a lot in common and it makes me feel good to know that "I'm not the only one!"

Hope said...

This sounds bad, but I don't really clean during the week. I might pick up a pile of clutter here or there, but mostly I just do laundry. Sometimes I dust. I'm probably lazy, but the times when I want my house to look the nicest is the weekend, and I've taken the "why should I clean it on Monday, when I'm just going to have to clean it again on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc" attitude. So yeah...Mon-Thurs I do laundry, dust, and work on Young Women schtuff. Then Friday I do a mass cleaning, and yes, even though by Saturday afternoon you'd have never known I cleaned it just 24 hours before (which is so frustrating) at least I only had to do it once instead of everyday during the week.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I hear ya! Guess what, I go to bed a lot of nights with out doing the dishes. If you don't want to be friends, I understand.;)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

BTW-you were really quiet today, you doing okay?

Mindy and Larry said...

Wow, Kristen, amazing mom of 3 boys! Sometimes, it's just nice to get whatever is frustrating you out, and then you feel a little better. I do that a lot in my journal! Here's my long response to your venting entry...please bear with me!
What a difficult balance that we as moms have to find between teaching our kids to pick up, clean after them, and just not letting things get under our skin. I want James to learn stuff, but sometimes, I have the feeling that all he perceives me as is someone giving out orders and directions. Like yesterday, he even told me after I got after him to put the straps of his carseat belt over his shoulders "Mommy! Stop teaching me!!!!" (It is "oh so sacred" that he buckles himself in by himself or he flips out!) But I can't afford to let him get hurt due to that little detail of the seatbelt. When he yelled that statement at me, I said, "It's my job to teach you! or we could all be in trouble someday!" So, I guess I'm the "seatbelt Nazi" to James. And in a lot of other ways too, like going to church is already hard, and getting him to go to bed relatively cooperatively has been a trial most of his little life!! Well, I guess that you are not alone in struggling with looking at a clutter strewn house...I've been feeling so yucky that I've had to let so many things go. Thankfully, Larry's very patient with me!

Heidi said...

I echo this post..... been there, am there, always am there...... I'll clean your house if you clean mine. I can take your stuff, but dealing with my own may kill me!!!!

The Merkleys said...

Kristen! I had to double check and make sure that these were not my words that you just copied with changing names! I feel exactly the same way sometime. Just remember there is a time and a season for everything. One of those everythings is a clean house!