"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Middle name madness

Ok, so after more discussions with Josh... and thanks to your comments, I think that we are going to go with Eliza. We just have to come up with a middle name. Why is this driving me crazy? Do we even need a middle name?
Martha mentioned Marian because that is my middle name, which I have always loved because I was named after my grandma. I might also add that it is Josh's favorite. I just have reservations about it because I have a cousin who named her daughter after my grandma. I have a great-grandma Emma Christine (my Grandpa Mac's mom) of whom I have heard only the highest praise of the way she lived her life, raised her children, and treated those around her. I do like Eliza Christine. Josh likes that one too, it's just not his favorite. I also have another great-grandma (my Grandpa Kremin's mom) whose name was Edna Mae, so I also really like Eliza Mae. (Whitney, I know you said you liked Mae too... but I also know the conversations we've had about names!) Kimball struggles with Mae because it's hard for him to realize that it can be a name too... not just the month she's born in! Another, after my Grandma Kremin is Eliza Joyce. If anyone who is aware of other family names that sound good with Eliza, please share! Also... please comment about which of these sounds the best to you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Joshua's great grandma is Susan Ellen Hamblin. How about Eliza Sue? She was always called Sue by her family. She survived cancer and lost the use of her leg, but continued on to raise 3 girls and lived a good life. Just my thoughts. Love, Mom Baumgarten

Hope said...

I still love Eliza Marian. I also love Eliza Christine and Eliza Mae, maybe even more than Eliza Marian. Eliza Joyce is pretty and of course I love why you'd use Joyce! However, it seems like a lot of consonants (how do you spell that?)...am I disloyal by saying that about my mom's name? What about Eliza JOY instead?

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I love Marian, but all them are great too. Your Grandma did my inititory session yesterday-such a great lady!

Mindy and Larry said...

I love Eliza Marian, too! It flows and it's not only after your grandmother, but it's also after you! Your daughter will carry on a name of two beautiful women in her direct line of family!!! It's okay to use the name your cousin used, if you feel that strongly that Marian belongs in your daughter's name. No one truly owns one particular name and has sole rights over it...Besides, you'll be calling your little girl by her first name, (I think), right? Just a few of my thoughts, but ultimately, it's all up to you and Josh!! :)

Candy said...

about the fondue....
we had cheese sauce, chocolate sauce, and oil.
To dip we had bread, apples, bananas, hot dogs, and corn dog batter to go with it, meat (I think we used little pieces of elk meat cut up). It was a pretty simple spread, and if strawberries were in season that would have been delicious! Also we usually have angel food cake. Oh! And we usually have a marinara type sauce too.
yum!

melissa t. said...

I haven't read your blog for 2 months and I missed a lot! Congrats on baby girl on the way- I like Eliza Joyce. love ya!