I have worried about Benson and the imminent jealousy when the baby is born. Especially because one day I picked him up on my hip and he couldn't get his front leg situated around my belly. He told me, "Baby sister in the way!"
Well... today he was sitting next to me and laying his head on my belly. So here's how the conversation went:
Me: "Oh, what a nice brother. Are you giving sister lovies?"
Benson: "No, I not!"
Me: "Oh? I thought you liked sister."
Benson: "Nope! I don't."
7 comments:
OH Bensy! At least he still has a few months to warm up to the idea. :) Just watch, he'll be a great big brother!!
Dakota wasn't too fond of Oakley either. She liked the idea of having a baby...just not a brother. She was in the room for the ultra sound and when they told us it was a boy....she freaked out! She was screaming, "I changed it to a girl! I changed it to a girl!" The poor doctor didn't know what to do. I am sure everything will work out once she is here though. He will be a great helper!
Hehe...Hallie told me for weeks after Gavin came home to "put that baby back where I found it" It gets better....and then they get older and learn to fight, yes even girls and boys! Good luck.
He'll probably end up as the brother who adores his little sister and takes her everywhere...
Must have been the steriods talking!;)
Maybe he's uncertain of what his place will be in your heart once his little sister comes along. He's been your "baby" for 3 years...and he's trying to keep up with his big brothers...I'm not an expert on having kids, being that I only have one, so far. Perhaps you could get a "present from his little sisternjust for him" when she is born. Or maybe since Benson is really into Harry Potter, you could create a special "story" about how Harry Potter discovered he had a sister and how lucky and happy he was to find out he had a little sister who helped him fight off Voldemort! He will do better, once she's there, and he still knows that he's special and loved by you and his Daddy!
He will get over it! He will love her! Love ya sister!
Post a Comment