"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peanut Butter and Red Vines

Have I ever mentioned how a few years ago I realized that Kimball easily felt loved?

It was probably three or more years ago when I was snuggling my biggest little boy at bedtime. I told him how much I loved him and he told me, "I know. You make me peanut butter sandwiches."

It was so funny but so sweet. I realized that, even at such a young age, he had deduced that I knew he liked peanut butter sandwiches and because I loved him I would make them for him. What a smart kid. (Set aside the fact that PB&J is quick and convenient.)

So... I felt extremely loved when my boys decorated my birthday cake with things they knew I liked. Chocolate frosting and chocolate chips and Red Vines licorice. Yup, you heard it right. Red Vines. All over the cake. It was great. Thanks to Josh for letting them decorate it the way they wanted to. I don't think I could have asked for a better cake on my 30th (gulp) birthday!



7 comments:

Kristi said...

That is the cutest cake, and picture I have ever seen!! Happy 30th!

Candy said...

that is awesome! wish I was there to pound it with you. yum!

Jen said...

ADORABLE! Seriously, that is the cutest photo ever! Happy birthday, Kristen!

Briana said...

That is seriously the cutest cake..;) What sweet boys. Thanks for your sweet comment. I feel stupid venting about my few issues when others have a lot bigger one on their plate. Thank you for the reminder of the talk. It is actually one of my favorite talks as well and sits in my night stand...I haven't pulled it out yet to read it which I normally do so thank you for the reminder. You are such a sweet heart and I love you! Happy late birthday. Let's seriously plan lunch before Thanksgiving at least ;)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

They are such sweet and thoughtful boys. Glad they made your day special.;)

Shafferprincess said...

How sweet of them to decorate your bake. That is seriously awesome. You have such good boys, and you're such a wonderful mom! :) Happy 30th.

lori said...

Ha! That's perfect!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!