"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Awaken to Christ

First things first, in an attempt to protect my friend and her family in the video that I made of The Healer, I selected the private button on youtube thinking that you would still be able to see it on my blog. (Der.) I went back and fixed it so that you should be able to watch it. Sorry to anyone who tried and couldn't get it to work. It should work now. It really is an awesome song, and I would highly recommend the entire CD! Scroll down to the previous post to hear it.

Secondly, I ran across a journal that I made in my CS Lewis class in college. I know I have mentioned how much I love CS Lewis. Well, our "intellectual" journals were our final projects for the class. (Teehee. That sounds so funny to me now, since about as "intellectual" as I get in a day is determining my kids' sugar intake) I had forgotten why I named mine "Awaken to Christ."

The following quote is one that had been among my favorites in the class. Ironic how now, 10 years later, it seems to take on a deeper meaning:

"What we have been told is how we men can be drawn to Christ-- can become part of that wonderful present which the young Prince of the universe wants to offer to His Father-- that present which is Himself and therefore us in Him. It is the only thing we were made for. There are strange, exciting hints in the Bible that when we are drawn in, a great many other things in Nature will begin to come right. The bad dream will be over: it will be morning."                                      Mere Christianity, p. 172

2 comments:

Mark and Colette said...

I love what you have shared. Keep it coming! My grandma would always say to me when things were NOT good. "Tomorrow is a new sunshine". Yes it is! You are my hero!

Lacy said...

I had no idea how sick you been too. I'm so sorry!
I don't know how you have so much faith. You amaze me!