"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beautiful Heartbreak

I realize this blog is neglected. I fully admit that it has been intentional. The reasons are my own. Tonight, I cannot remain silent. If one person reads this blog and feels even a morsel of what I feel tonight, right now, I feel like it's worth making myself vulnerable sharing a bit of my (albeit thread-bare) personal strength (if you can call it that).
Anyone who may have read my blog posts in the past, may be aware of my gravitation to inspirational music. It somehow heals my heart. Considering that a song of the righteous is a prayer (D&C 25) I guess this should be no surprise.
Our lives have been disrupted on several occasions throughout our married life. Not that it is any more than anyone else walking through this mortal probation, but it has been maybe a little more public. At least recently.
Our hearts have been broken. We have cried. We have worried. We have been afraid. But part of this life is to experience that everything has it's opposite. As broken as our hearts were, we have felt the healing balm of the atonement. We have felt the insurmountable joy in the good news of the gospel. We have felt undeniable, tangible peace from the Comforter. We have felt our faith increase. We have seen the beauty in our heartbreak.
I know we can be built and drawn close to our Father through all our experiences. We endure trials only minute by minute, having faith that Christ actually did what he said he did and that great act is enough to see us through. We can see, even in the midst of our heartbreak, how beautiful it really is.




10 comments:

Katie Ricks said...

Kristen, I was just about to post this song on my blog when I saw your post. A great song and you are such a great inspiration and example. Thank you for being who you are and sharing your trials and blessings. You are a sweet spririt. I have great admiration for you.

Mindy said...

Kristen, I just love you. :) I posted this on facebook yesterday and had a few personal messages about it that made me cry... people go through such hard things, and you never know who needs to see an uplifting video, or hear an uplifting song... or read YOUR uplifting words. :)

Kandice said...

What a spiritual morning I have had...went to the temple...watched this video---I usually don't shed tears before noon..but today I did.

I know I have told you before...but I put your name on the prayer roll every time I go to the temple...I think of you often, and I hope that some of the prayers offered on your behalf provide the peace you need and seek!

You are beautiful..thanks for sharing.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Wow! That was beautiful! I have always loved Hilary Weeks. Thanks for sharing and inspiring like always. Love ya!

Mark and Colette said...

That was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. You are AWESOME!! I love you sister!

Mindy and Larry said...

What a beautiful song, Kristen! Thank you for posting! How I've anxiously awaited to read your blog:)!! How cool that I recognized some of the women in the music video you posted! Quick anecdote, if you don't mind: I just came back from Time Out for Women in Richmond, this past weekend, and I had the opportunity to hear Mariama Kallon-the sister from Sierra Leone who lost her family in a tragic war- she saw them killed. Her story was tragic, but her journey to find the Lord and healing through the Atonement of Christ and to forgive...it was INSPIRATIONAL. One thing that I kept feeling from Mariama and even from all of the presenters at TFW was how each of us has a "life" in which the stories that fill it are full of heartbreak as well as joy. We came here to learn and we can choose to become the person that the Lord knows we can be...He has us in His hands and will mold us into something more beautiful and celestial than we could of ourselves, if we trust Him. I pray for you, dear Kristen. I love you!

Unknown said...

Just what I needed. Love you

Jessica said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. If your strength is thread-bare, it must be some steel thread.

Jen said...

LOVE it! :) I love Nienie--do you read her blog? (Nienie is the woman in the video with the burns...if you don't read her blog, you should. It's amazing. www.nieniedialogues.com)

Wendy Kremin said...

Kristen, thanks for sharing that. You are such a positive force for good in this world and don't even know it. Maybe that is the beauty of it, you don't know it, so you are humble and kind and good and always trying. I hope you will continue to post because you have so much to offer the rest of us. I love you!