"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ten years and counting on Forever

On December 22, Josh and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. We didn't plan any huge vacation or anything, because... well, it's three days before Christmas, and circumstances aren't really ideal in our lives right now for a big vacation. Not to mention the time we have to be away from our kids for appointments anyway. I am thankful, however, to have our 10th anniversary documented with pictures that my good friend, Briana took for us.






(See her work at her website: www.brianamariephotos.com
and the blog post with our pictures here)

No matter what this year brings, we will ALWAYS have these 10 years. We will ALWAYS have our four babies. We will ALWAYS have each other even if we can't be together in body. Our faith in our temple sealing is strong and we are confident that Heavenly Father keeps his promises. Josh ordered this temple picture to hang in our home so that our boys and Eliza will always remember that the temple is what enables our family to be together forever. I just took the picture with my computer, but you get the idea, right?


We haven't had a chance to hang it yet. I need to rearrange a lot pictures on my walls, but it's such a commitment (once you go to the work of hanging it, you don't want to have rehang, right?). Anyway, I hope that it will be up soon and my sons and Eliza will see it everyday and KNOW that their parents were married in the temple for a reason, that they attend the temple often for a reason, that Josh works as an ordinance worker two days a week for a reason. Our faith is centered in Christ, and part of that involves the covenants we made in the temple. To learn more about our faith in Christ click here. To learn more about our dedication and faith in our temple covenants including our sealing, click here.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Tender and beautiful. The pictures are stunningly beautiful and they make my heart feel heavenly things.

Mindy said...

Forever. :) Isn't that amazing? I love your thoughts, and your beauty, inside and out.

~Christine~ said...

Love the picture of the Vernal Temple! It definitely holds a special place in my heart. We have a picture of the St. G temple in the middle of the First Presidency and The Family proclamation on our wall! Couldn't imagine not having them in our home as an awesome reminder of what the Lord has offered to us.

Thanks so much for your posts and testimony....I appreciate it!

Mark and Colette said...

Loved your words and honesty. Your faith is strange and the Lord does keep his promises you will see. I love you sis!

Kristi said...

Kristen you are amazing. I loved reading all of these updates. I am so glad that you had a good Christmas, and that Mckay's birthday went so well. Your trials and faith strengthen my testimony. I am so sorry for all you are going through, your family continues to be in our prayers.

Mindy and Larry said...

How fortunate you two are- to have each other and to have each other forever! Thanks for sharing this personal testimony. I am so glad my brother has you for an eternal companion, Kristen! I'm honored to know you!