"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Snicker-Noodles

My boys always want to help me cook. I am ashamed to admit that I often tell them they can help another time. I usually just want to get it done. Well, I noticed that I had been repeatedly telling them "another time," "next time," "not now," and I felt bad. So, I decided to let them make cookies. I had everything to make snickerdoodles, and so that's what we made. It was a huge mess, and I think they consumed enough cookie dough and cinnamon sugar to last until next year, but they had a good time. They kept calling them snickerNoodles, and wondered why cookies were called noodles. That's when I had to tell them they were snickerDoodles not noodles.

10 comments:

LaFawnda said...

What a super mom. The mess had to be worth it ten times over. Looks like they REALLY liked it. Make some snickernoodles with red sugar for Santa!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

You are such a good mom! Your boys are so cute. Thanks for listening the other day. Happy bday!

Kandice said...

You are a good mommy! I tell my kids next time all the time, I am so bad. i usually let them add one or two things, adn that is it...it is so hard. Have a good day!!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It looks like it was a good day!

Briana said...

Looks like fun. I love Sugar Noodles. :) I haven't had those in forever.

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun!! Yep, it's always a big mess when Maggie helps me cook. :D

Horrocks Fam said...

What a fun mom! It likes like your boys had a great time.

Whit said...

Kael and I make cookies when we get bored! We make them alot! I love it becuase I can control, becuase he likes to help with EVERYTHING!, the mess somewhat but Kael has so much fun helping add ingredients and mixing it! It's so cute to watch them and they are so proud!

melissa t. said...

So at least they didn't ask to make your b-day cake! I think that would have been messier :-)
Anyways, Jared's new company is based in Vernal-small world huh! Jared's boss' Dad started the company & knows some of your Dad's family.

Grammy said...

Well Gammy didn't get to taste he Snicker Noodles!!! Benson is Covered! How funny. These are the things that make Memories!!!! I love you!