New Year's always brings resolutions. Goals and that we set for ourselves and then usually give up on. Well, I guess I should speak for myself, but I've never been super successful at keeping up with my New Year's resolutions. In fact, there have only been a handful years that I have been willing to commit enough to write them down. I guess a lot of it has to do with the fear of failure. I don't ever want to admit that I gave up or couldn't do something because somehow that makes incompetent or not good enough. I am not sure why I allow my psyche to interfere with the changes that I know will be better for me in the long run. However, this year... I am determined to set a few goals and be accountable for them.
1. At the risk of sounding cliche', my first goal for the year is to finally lose this weight and get in shape. Several factors have played into the fact that Benson is almost two and I have never lost all the extra weight. With the help of my doctor, a great family support system (Go Biggest Loser!), and my shiny new elliptical machine, I am determined to be successful.
2. Confession: I have a terrible habit of throwing things that I don't know what to do with into a junk drawer. I have three of them. I also have a junk cupboard. This year, I resolve to be more organized and to be sure that everything has its place.
3. Family Home Evening is always kind-of an afterthought. Monday late afternoon or early evening I start to think about what to do for FHE. My kids like FHE, but I want to make more memorable lessons and experiences that will develop FHE into a tradition for our family and not just something that we do on Monday night.
4. Another confession: I am one of those mom's who has tons of pictures and does nothing with them. I have never been a scrapper, but I actually really like designing my blog and header. So, I think that I will really like digital scrapbooking. I have been wanting to get started forever, but I just have felt so overwhelmed about the whole thing. This year, I am going to get started.
I have many more goals to set for myself and a lot to work on, but so as to not set myself up for failure, I will take it one step at a time. Maybe these seem trivial and small, but they are actually really important to me and I hope to feel better about myself by making these changes. Share your resolutions...
4 comments:
Mine, too, is to lose weight, Kristen. I've already lost ten pounds in the week leading up to Christmas, and need another 15 to go!
And, I'd love to do digital scrapbooking, too, but don't even know where to start. If you have any ideas, I'd love for you to share!
You're awesome, Kris! We really do need to get together - I'd love it! Hopefully sometime this summer we can come out for a week or so and manage to sneak over! Happy New Year's!
Mine is to have a dinner schedule during the week and stick to it. And along with that keep my kitchen organized and clean on a daily basis.
So the boys pics up top are SOOO cute!! I almost didn't recognize Kimball! He looks so grown up I couldn't believe it.
Good luck with all your goals!!! i haven't made a "list" yet, but I know what I need to do, I just need to get off my butt and do it!
You know the older I get, the more reluctant I am to make New Year's resolutions...for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned! But, I'm learning that I have to keep them simple and to just a few!
Post a Comment