Okay, so on Sunday, the RS presidency asked me to fill out this form that is supposed to "spotlight" the sisters in our ward. It asks a lot of questions that I can answer right of the bat and others that are hard because I don't really know what to say.
One of the questions was, "What are you good at?" As anyone who read one of my recent posts would know, I have a REALLY hard time feeling inadequate and it is hard for me to say that I am good at something. I have thought long and hard about it. One thing that I love and I am comfortable with is something that I actually don't have much part in right now. I cheered in high school and I LOVED it. I loved tumbling (because it was a big part of my life) and I loved jumping and stunting. I didn't love the drama.
I guess part of cheering that I loved is that I felt like it was something I was relatively good at. (Maybe there would be those who I cheered with who might read this and disagree. Oh well.)
One of the highlights of my three years of cheerleading includes a jump-off competition that I participated in both my junior and senior years. That is what this is a picture of. I think I was a junior in this picture. I was actually a finalist, but didn't win. The competitive side of me wished I had won, but the insecure part of me felt good to look at the hundreds of cheerleaders there and know that I was a finalist. Sorry if this seems shallow or whatever, but I have really been trying to think about something I have felt confident about.
I have been able to help the cheerleaders now and then with try-outs, tumbling, stunting etc. and I really do love it. So, there you go. An explaination of this weird, random picture. Who knows what I'll find next week....
7 comments:
I remember watching you tumble, and being completely in awe! I haven't ever been able to flip, but watching you made me wish that I could. That picture is awesome!
That's an awesome toe touch, I'd be proud too! I cheered in highschool also, and I LOVED stunting. You've inspired me, I think I might dip up some old photos too...
Kristen
That is awesome! You were good at cheering and the best part of it all was you didn't act like the "typical" cheerleader. You were always nice and kind to everybody and although you didn't know it...you were and still are an inspiration to others! Keep it up!!!!
Okay, so you were an AWESOME cheerleader in highschool! I know first hand! You were awesome at tumbling, stunts, and jumps! But, the most awesome thing about you came from the inside. You always treated everyone so kind, and still do!
That picture is for lack of better words FREAKING AMAZING!!!!! I feel cool just knowing I'm your friend.
Kristen! You are great at so many things! You are beautiful! And we sure want to see you tumble! In fact, someday when we're older (since we can't seem to get together while we're younger) we'll have to do a tumbling talent show (courtesy of you and Larry!) Larry says "Of course a muscle will be pulled or a bone broken," but he doesn't mind being "the base and you can be the flier...maybe Josh can catch you at the end...!"
OH MY GOSH girl! I don't think any toe touch I EVER did compared to that! Not even close.
Kristen, you are amazing. You are amazing inside and outside and though I haven't really been around you alot since high school I can honestly say that you are one of those people that was and still is always sweet to everyone.
Post a Comment