"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

That's it!!!

So, I have had a nagging feeling about making my blog private ever since I decided to leave it public a year ago. Today I heard a story about a mother who found out that her son's picture had been placed on a fraudulent adoption website. Needless to say, I about had a heart attack. Can you even imagine having you're child's picture posted as a child that needs to be adopted? This combined with a few other stories that I have heard (including one about a husband who thought his wife was having an affair because a stalker placed her photos on his blog), have made me decide that while there is risk even in going private, I think I would rather take the extra precaution.
I am not even sure that very many people read my blog anymore. That's fine. I guess I just want to be sure that pictures and stories of my boys are somewhat safe and that I might be a little more outspoken about a few things. (Not that I hold much back now, but believe me... I have held back!) 
Anyway, like I said, maybe no one checks my blog anymore since I have been really lax about keeping up, and really that is fine. But, if you do read my blog, and you would like to be invited... please leave a comment letting me know your email address. (Even if you think I have it, I might be dumb and forget). I am not sure how much time I am going to give this... maybe just a week? Maybe just a few days? I am not sure I want to wait for a long time to see who might come out of the woodworks!
 

36 comments:

The Merkleys said...

I debated myself! Then I just decided it is better to be safe than sorry. I left you my e-mail on facebook so you can invite me. It was good to see your for a while at the reunion.

Unknown said...

I still read your blog thanks to Google Reader. Anyway, add me. dynamicdiner@gmail.com

Candy said...

Add me! Add me!

candyawilson@hotmail.com

Hope Taft said...

I read it! And want to keep reading it! It makes me feel like we're keeping in touch. brettandhope@gmail.com

Grammy said...

you had better ADD me!!! Love ya, Mom

Kandice said...

I left my email for you on FB, but here it is again searle@usa.com
there are too many freaks out there for me too....hence mine being private.

Nickole -n- Kye said...

Hey me too! lilhansenclan@gmail.com

Shafferprincess said...

Me too. rjgshaffer@hotmail.com

James and Jade Bethers said...

Hey Kristen add me please!
tackgoddess@hotmail.com
Thanks

Emili said...

I'd love an invite - but I don't like to leave my email on comments, let me know through FB if you don't have it

Schneidy said...

schneider.kellie at gmail.com

Chad and Gwen said...

Hey I woould like to add mine brownieha@hotmail.com

Kristi said...

I love reading your blog! Add me :) kristi_courtney@hotmail.com

Jesenia said...

jeseniawalker@gmail.com
Hope all is well, take care.

AmyJo said...

me please
amyjobland at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

sign me up
joleen.kremin@gmail.com

Brett and Diane said...

You've got to do what's right for you and your family. I'd love to be on your list if you don't mind. dianerickson@gmail.com

Tari said...

Don't forget about me...tari_harding@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Put us on! jebaumgarten@gmail.com

Horrocks Fam said...

I would love to keep reading your blog.... erin.horrocks@aggiemail.usu.edu

Mindy and Larry said...

We would love to still be able to see your blog and keep up with your family! jlfox21@aol.com

Kristin said...

Don't be silly. Of course people read your blog and want to know what is going on in your cute family! Please include me on your list. kristinscof@hotmail.com

:)

melissa t. said...

don't forget to add me :-)

Bryan/Erin said...

your blog is great, i love reading it. erin_t89@hotmail.com

Lacy said...

Count me in!l.v.Atwood@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I'm in :)
tikus26@gmail.com

Whit said...

whitneymuir@gmail.com

Briana said...

I heard about the adoption....that is so sad!!! Add me girl!!

Chandra said...

Let me in too!!! miller_chandra@hotmail
and the camping pics are sooo cute
chandra

Unknown said...

I would be very sad not to read your blogs to keep up with your family. Love, Lyle and Pete

lyle.baumgarten@gmail.com

Nathan and Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marshall and Amanda said...

Yes Please add us so I can hear the funny stories about Kimball. Im sure going to miss not having him in our class this year! mac14@live.com

Heidi said...

Hey I still read.... oneva@hotmail.com

Angelina Christina said...

count us in, I love hearing how you are in good ol vernal. Your boys are so cute and funny.
hnabarton@hotmail.com

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Sign me up I wouldn't want to miss out on your funny posts...raquelkbell@gmail.com

Nathan and Shanna said...

You don't know me personally, but I am a friend of Kandice Searle, and Renee Shaffer is my sister in law. I have enjoyed reading your blog you have such a good out look on life and seem to me to be a really good mommy! I would love to continue reading your blog, but understand if you don't want me to because you really don't know me! Here is my email just in case... sandngoodrich@gmail.com