"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Sunday, December 13, 2009

BLAH!

Do you ever feel like you are busy and you are running around crazy but then you wonder what has happened to all the time? I get frustrated when I feel like I am not getting things done but I know that I have been busy. Christmas is coming up way too fast. I don't feel like I am ready yet, even though I don't really have a lot more to do. I guess I just feel like it is coming up so fast that I haven't had the chance to really feel in the Christmas mood yet. Does that make sense? I am actually feeling quite blah and somewhat depressed. I keep getting mad over stupid little things and then frustrated that I am letting myself get upset. However some things that I am upset about can't be changed or won't be and I still find myself wishing they could be. Sorry to be all Johnny Rain-cloud. I guess it just helps to get a little bit of what I am feeling out there. Even if I have to keep it vague.

3 comments:

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Hope that it gets better. If it makes you feel better, or not so alone, I feel the same way. Give me a call. I would love to talk anytime.;)

Hope said...

I know what you mean--this year I decided to simplify, simplify, simplify. I couldn't NOT send out Christmas cards, they are a big part of the season for me, but I did them very simply. To be frank, they look pretty lame, but at least they bring people up to speed on us, which is the purpose of them. I also am planning a much easier, more convenient Christmas dinner and breakfast (store-bought rolls, that kind of stuff). I also did a lot of my shopping online--I was either able to save on shipping, or the times I had to pay for it, I looked at it as though it was worth not fighting crowds (and my kids) at the stores! Tonight put the kids to bed early, ignore the dishes in the sink and the basket of laundry waiting to be folded, and sit in the peace of the tree lights with some soft, pretty Christmas music playing while you sip some hot cocoa. Make it a priority--I've done that a couple times since we put our tree up and as corny as it sounds, it really has helped me feel the Christmas spirit more...

By the way, I'd love to see a pic of your tree! I bet it looks fabulous in your new house!

Whit said...

You know exactly what I would say becuase this has been our topic of choice the past several times we've talked (which I've enjoyed bytheway!) Love you!!! Hang in there...