"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do you want to hear a secret??

Before I get to the surprise, I have to blog about our Christmas fun and our eighth anniversary... I posted this slideshow to catch up at least a little. We went to Holly Days and the boys had a blast. Benson insisted on wearing his "Polar Express robe" even though it was cold. The next day we went to get our Christmas tree and while Benson napped in the truck, Kimball and McKay broke out the sleds. As an early Christmas gift, Papa and Grammy gave the boys the Polar Express toy train. THEY LOVE IT! It is the perfect gift for my three little Polar Express fanatics.



Today Josh and I are celebrating our EIGHTH anniversary. I don't know how eight years go by so quickly but they do. So much has happened in the last eight years that has made me love him so much more than the day we were married. I can remember thinking that I understood what love was and how much I felt for him. I did love him, so much. I guess that love just grows and matures and deepens with the experiences (both good and bad) that you go through. I know that is what I have to look forward to as the years come and go. So, for our anniversary, we went to Salt Lake over the weekend and stayed for a night while the boys spent the night at Papa and Grammy's. We had a lot of fun and I am so thankful to Josh for always trying to remember our anniversary and to not let it get lost in all the Christmas activities. I recognize how lucky I am to have a Josh. He means so much to me and I sincerely love and appreciate the man that he is for me and for our family. Today he suprised me with flowers...

I love you, Josh!!

And now, if you have made it this far... I guess you really want to know what our surprise is...
So... here you go. We are having a baby! We have kept it mostly quiet for a long time to keep the boys from waiting for SO LONG! It is actually fun because I have two sisters-in-law that are due literally within days of my due date. I am 18 weeks, and this ultrasound is actually a shot of what gender the baby is. The doctor is about 90% sure and I guess we'll look again at my big ultrasound in a week or two, but in the meantime... I am pretty comfortable with his 90% certainty.

SO is anyone super ultrasound savvy and wanna take a guess??

13 comments:

Unknown said...

AHH this is killing me - I can't read an ultrasound! You have to tell me!

Shafferprincess said...

Kristen - Congrats on 8 years together! That's awesome. We hit number 10 on the 28th - next week.

And, congrats on the new baby! I have been wondering if you were pregnant! I'm so excited for you to have a little . . . girl!!!!!

Yay!!

Shafferprincess said...

Congrats on the girl! I was sure it was, but Brandon couldn't tell. He thought the u/s picture was of the whole baby, not just the gender shot. I'm so excited for you! :)

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your sweet boys! :)

Jennifer said...

Yay...congratulations!!!

Nickole -n- Kye said...

Hooray for breaking traditions (grandma told me ha ha ha) I'm SO SO SO happy for you! You realize this chickie is going to be beyond spoiled, being the ONLY girl in a 50 mile radius! I'm so excited for you (and a little jealous, just don't tell Kye, I don't think we're ready for #2 quite yet!)

Mindy and Larry said...

Congratulations, Kristin and Josh!!!!! We heard through the grapevine that it's a girl! I'm sure you are very happy. I couldn't tell by the ultrasound picture, though... Too fuzzy... Merry Christmas!

Hope said...

Yipee! Another baby! I'm so excited for you, especially that you are 18 weeks, so hopefully that means you are out of the "sick-sick-sick" time???

I'm guessing a boy, only because it's easier for Dr's to feel confident about a boy? Don't leave us all in suspense! Do tell!

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!! I am so excited for you to have another baby! I can't read them either... but you no I don't see anything like I saw on my boys, so I am guessing Girl??
Merry Christmas!!

Kristi said...

Well somehow it didn't leave my comment... lol
So I will say it again, and hope it doesn't post twice.. ;)
Congrats on your anniversary, Court and I celebrate our 8 in February.
And I don't know how to read ultrasounds either, but I am guessing a Girl?? Only because I don't see anything obviously screaming boy.

Heidi said...

Congratulaions on all of your milestones!!!! Looks like moving into Maesar gotcha a girl!! :-) j/k I am so excited for you that is wonderful!!! If you need any girlie stuff you know where to find me!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY! GIRLS ARE AWESOME!!!! Boys are good to if I'm seeing this wrong. He he he. Yay! I get to find out next week what mine is.

Kandice said...

That is so awesome. That will be one loved and protected little girl with her cute big brothers!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I can't wait to see the little princess!!!;) So happy for you!