"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let me share...

   What? I can't believe that I am such a bad blogger. I saw that my last post was January 14. Hmmm... the days went by a lot faster than I can even remember. Ok, let's be honest here. I actually can believe that I am a bad blogger because I never want to take the time to upload pictures onto our slow computer.
   I don't even really have a lot to blog about except that while I have struggled with "winter blues" (along with everyone else) I have been humbled in the last few days by the struggles of a family whom I have never met. Their sweet baby is struggling for his life at Primary Children's in Salt Lake and she and her husband continually ask for prayers in their behalf and draw on the Lord for the strength and comfort that they need to make it from one minute to the next. (You can read her story at stakerzxposed.blogspot.com, but be prepared to cry. Also, you may want to scroll down through all the most recent posts until you come to the first post of the story. The first post is about February 1st.)
  I just realize that the stress and frustration that I experience as a mother are nothing compared to what they could be. I am so thankful that I kissed and loved my boys goodnight and that they kissed and loved me back. Even though they are busy little boys, I am SO THANKFUL I am their mother. They are everything to me.
   Secondly, a friend posted this quote on facebook and I will spare you all the dialogue I have had with myself (yes, I am probably crazy) over this quote, and I will simply leave it for you to ponder.

"It was meant to be that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal." -Elder Boyd K. Packer


P.S. I just found the source of the quote is from a manual put out by the church called, The Latter-day Saint Woman: Basic Manual for Women. It is in lesson 18 called, "Developing Self-Reliance"

3 comments:

Kandice said...

Great post! I am so excited for spring to get rid of these winter blues. I bet you are too...and you will have a baby in the spring too!

Kristi said...

Great post Kristen, I hope spring comes soon! I read that story as well, heartbreaking! I held my little ones extra close today for sure. I can't even imagine what their family is going through. She is sure a good example to a lot of people with her positive attitude, and faith. I bet there are a lot of people around the world who will now look into the gospel because of her. I truly hope that theirs and everyone's prayers on their behalf can be answered!

Mindy and Larry said...

Thanks for recommending the Staker's story, Kristen! What a reality check and a reminder to appreciate my little boy!!