"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oh my Bensy

My boys are so much fun to tease, but I guess that I let it go a little far sometimes. The other night I was trying to decide what to fix for dinner and I was listing options. Each option was protested and so I teased that I guess we would eat garbage for dinner.
McKay lifted the lid to the trash can (as if to inventory the menu) and said, "Eww! Mom! I think there is a dirty diaper in there!"
I laughed and the boys did too. I thought they all realized I was teasing and that the joke was over.
Later, I was actually cooking when Bensy came up to me and quietly and worriedly asked, "Mom, is that garbage?"

3 comments:

Mindy and Larry said...

That's so precious! What a laugh! You are the best mom for all of those boys! Love you!

Kristi said...

Lol! I love to tease my boys. Easton knows me to well now though and whenever I say anything unbelievable he gives me the cutest look and says "are you teasing me Mom?" Love it.
I love the pictures of your boys, they all look so grown up and cute. I especially love Kimball's. :)

Jen said...

Hahaha, that's awesome! :) At least he gave you the chance to set him straight before you served it and he freaked out about eating it! :)