"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Suites, steaks and strawberries

A friend of mine called and said she wanted to do something for Josh and I and wondered if we would be interested in staying at her parents' bed and breakfast in town. Seriously? How awesome is that?! We stayed at the Landmark Inn Bed & Breakfast about two years ago for Valentine's Day and had a great time. I told her that we would love to and she went to a lot of work to make it nice for us. 

MiShelle made arrangements for us to say in a Honeymoon Suite and brought us a gift certificate to the Quarry Steakhouse, sparkling cider, and some treats from the Little Sweet Pea. (Thank you SO much MiShelle)


Ironically enough, that very day, Josh's uncle Steve sent us HUGE chocolate covered strawberries. They were delicious and I have been thinking about them ever since!

3 comments:

Mindy and Larry said...

I had a chance to taste some of the strawberries that Uncle Steve sent Josh's parents! They were delicious! I might add that I'm so glad that you had a romantic get-away! I hope you and Josh had a restful and wonderful time!

Jen said...

Fun! You guys totally deserved that.

Unknown said...

Hee hee hee. We stayed in that room on our honeymoon in Vernal. That's a great place!