"'Our family’s faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes.' ...We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Sunday, February 6, 2011

In reference to my previous post...

I will "blag" a bit and say that I have the most incredible, loving, supportive family that there ever was. One of my sweet aunts sent me this quote today. I can't stop crying. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you so much, and somehow, you always are able to find exactly what I need.
"There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the "light that is endless, that can never be darkened." It is the very Son of God Himself. It is the return of hope, and Jesus is the Sun. To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His "more excellent ministry" with a future of "better promises." He is your "high priest of good things to come." 
                       --Jeffrey R. Holland, "An High Priest of Good Things to Come", Ensign, Nov. 1999, p. 36

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful quote!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I am always humbled when I read your blog. You handle your trials with such grace. You always have uplifting quotes that I love. I just love you!

Mindy and Larry said...

Thanks for sharing, Kristen. You are loved and you are not alone!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love reading your blog it is so theraputic ?spelling for me! I think you are an amazing person! Thanks again!

Kandice said...

As usual your uplifting words help me...and make me a lot more grateful for my life-
It will be good to see you Tuesdays now at "nutrition" class...hehe. Hopefully you will see less and less of "me"---that is me hoping to lose some weight!

Briana said...

Wow I needed that quote...thank you!!! I sure love you and missed you last night!! Let's do lunch sometime just you and I ;)