I am really having a hard time. I am not going to go into the details, because like I have mentioned before, it is best to not (as they say) count your chickens before they are hatched. I am mostly blogging (or it may be better stated: journaling) again as a way to work through my thoughts and feelings.
Tomorrow is Sunday. It is the first Sunday of the month which for those of my faith (see www.lds.org), means testimony meeting. My murmuring mortal self wants to crawl in a hole. Not only because three hours of church with wiggly little boys is exhausting, but I am not sure I am up for the reminder of how poorly I am handling life.
While googling again, I kept hearing a very specific hymn in my mind. I decided to look for a link to listen to it and found this scripture associated with "Count your Blessings."
"That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." Alma 34:38
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
[Chorus]
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
Chorus
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.
Chorus
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing Kristen. I have had a hard time with life lately too. I am not dealing well at all. Thanks for reminding me to see the good and stop dwelling on the the bad. Call me if you need to talk...Love ya
Kristen, your words are beautiful, and your strength and testimony are astounding.
I wish I was better with words, but I find myself stumbling hitting the backspace button trying to get out the way I feel as I was reading this. This post was AMAZING. I am sure that is not the way that you are feeling, and I wish that there was some way I could take some of your burden, but I know I can't.
You are an example to me, thank you once again for sharing your life, feelings, and testimony!
I love you Kristen and you amaze me. I've actually never heard the jar analogy but I love it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your friendship. HUGS!!!
Thanks for sharing. You have a righht to worry and be stressed, BUT you are in our prayers and I hope and pray you will feel the love of the savior around you because he is there helping you along. I know it! Keep sharing and learning. It is the only way we grow. I love you!!
You are NOT handling life poorly. You are handling what lot you have been given remarkably well. You are allowed to be sad and frustrated. You are going through something that many people would not be able to handle on their own, let alone with four children counting on you. Let yourself have those feelings, take a moment out to cry, pray, exercise - what ever you need to do to process, and then you will have the strength you need to get back to what you need to do for your family. You are one of the strongest, most positive, most giving women I've ever known. If you are even half as wonderful a mother and wife as you were a roomie (and I would bet money that you are), then you are doing just fine. Give yourself a break and then give yourself a hug from me. I wish I could be there to give you that hug myself. <>
Post a Comment